Sunday, March 9, 2014

Reflection

There is no requirement for me to do a reflection on this assignment, but I thought that it was necessary to do one anyway.

Looking back on this assignment, I have learned a lot about blogging, websites and a variety of technologies that can be used in the classroom.  All this information is new to me (mostly because I teach in a Preschool classroom) and I love reading about technologies that can help my students become better learners.  I also like how we are learning about supportive technologies for students who have disabilities.  I have two students who have learning disabilities and technologies such as iPads, computers, read a-long software, has really helped me teach more efficiently toward their learning styles.

My goal, after I finish my master, is to become a Kindergarten teacher.  The very first thing I want to do for my classroom is to create a classroom blog.  I want both students and parents to have access to:

  • Online event/assignment calender
  • Spelling list
  • My contact info
  • Pictures of students doing projects or on a field trip
  • Reading List 
  • Small Forums that students can participate in
Will I delete this when this assignment is over?

No, I will not delete this blog.  My goal is to keep this up and running so I can post future resources for both work and school. This even inspired me to create a personal blog for my family and friends.  










1 comment:

  1. I love that you have found ways to incorporate blogging even for our youngest learners. I am always impressed by the creative ways that early childhood and elementary teachers are able to put technology to use with their students. I think that it is expected that by the time the students reach my class in high school that they know the basics of technology. Unfortunately this isn't always the case, but much of the time it is. It is important for me to find new and interesting ways to use technology, but I don't consider it to be a major challenge. Working with younger students, however, takes a lot of carefully planned ideas and instruction. I would love to hear how your blog works out in the future. I know that as a parent, as well as a teacher, I would love to follow a blog where I can see what my child is doing everyday when she is away from me. How do you plan to encourage parents to remain involved with the class blog? Great ideas and I wish you a lot of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete